Manager of Safe Environment Programs (part-time)
General Statement of Duties:
This position is responsible for achieving and maintaining annual compliance with the audited Articles of the Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People, promulgated by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB). This position directly oversees the Office of Safe Environment Programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary administrator and coordinator of the Office of Safe Environment Programs, serving as the main point of contact for any inquiries related to background checks and screening processes, safe environment programming, and complaints or concerns regarding child safety/boundary violations.
- Responsible for assessing the implementation of the overall policies and procedures for the protection of children in accordance with the USCCB Essential Norms, the Charter, and the USCCB’s Office of Child and Youth Protection.
- Ensures that DCF is the first point of contact by any mandatory reporter.
- Directs the collection, organization, and submission of required annual materials that ensure The Diocese is compliant with the Charter. Such materials include time-sensitive charts, reports, questionnaires, and letters. Maintains and builds an annual audit file to track diocesan compliance as it related to the audited Article of the Charter.
- Responsible for the integrity of data, and data management, as it related to numbers reported for the annual audit, background check information, and safe environment training information.
- Knowledgeable of state mandated reporting procedures in the event of a disclosure of child abuse or neglect. Expected to follow any changes in state mandated reporting laws.
- Responsible for scheduling and carrying out tri-annual on-site audit visits to all parishes and Catholic schools in The Diocese.
- Act as the principal liaison to The Diocesan Review Board and collaborates with the members to complete regular policy revision and program review.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director of Human Resources and the Vicar General, prepare budgets and monitor expenses for the Office of Safe Environment Programs.
- Respond, in collaboration with the Vicar General, to various audit surveys from other organizations, e.g.
Safe Environment Training:
- Annual data management and implementation of the Safe and Sacred program for adults, and the Circle of Grace program for children, to ensure that all training requirements outlined by the Charter are satisfied.
- Maintains the accuracy of record keeping for safe environment training data.
- Edits and modifies training material for children and adults as necessary.
- Expected to operate with a high degree of confidentiality when handling sensitive personal identification information.
- Works in collaboration with the Human Resources Office to ensure that new hire background checks, and annual renewals, are completed in a timely manner for all employees of the Vermont Catholic Charities, Inc. Level III Residential Care Homes.
- Supervises background check screenings and storage for any individuals who do not fall under the purview of the Human Resources office (including, but not limited to, unpaid volunteers who work with children in the diocese).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to fulfill each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual will be a practicing Catholic in accordance with Canon 874 §1, 3◦, 4◦ of the Code of Canon Law.
Education and Experience
Requires a Bachelor’s degree (with a Masters as a plus) and three to five years of progressively responsible related experience; equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable to the hiring authority. Knowledge of theology, canon law, education of youth, young adults and adults, and safe environment protocols is essential.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, reports, and legal documents;
- Possess the ability to respond to inquiries or concerns from parishes and schools;
- Presentation skills should include the ability to effectively present information to leadership and youth;
- Dissemination and interpretation of personal and confidential information and policies to employees, priests, deacons and parishes.
- The ability to work with mathematical concepts as they relate to Finance.
- Possess the ability to define problems, collect and organize data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions;
- Adept at interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions;
- Competence with Microsoft Office Software applications, with an emphasis on the ability to work with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Access and Microsoft 365 platform is preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Vermont Driver’s License; Bachelor’s Degree mandatory, Master’s a plus.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands for finite movements such as typing and other office functions. The employee is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The employee is required to travel.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions when driving from various meetings, parishes, institutions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Ability to work nights and weekends. This is rare, but on occasion a few nights and weekends to teach.
Send Resume to: [email protected]
Vermont Catholic Charities: Counselor/Psychotherapist Position
Vermont Catholic Charities, Inc. Providing Counseling Services for over 78 years!
Vermont Catholic Charities, Inc., located in South Burlington, VT has an opening for a full time and/or part time Counselor. We are seeking a licensed professional to provide comprehensive assessment, treatment planning and psychotherapy services to a diverse population, and exercise initiative and independent judgment in their clinical work. The individual is a key part of a professional team who provides counseling to individuals, families, couples and Catholic Schools as needed, respecting Catholic values as applicable. The ability to conduct group therapy sessions is desirable.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of two years of progressive clinical experience in a multi-disciplinary treatment setting and be in good standing and licensed in Vermont, or in another state who would meet the Vermont licensure requirements, to practice in one of the following professions: Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LICSW); Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LCMHC); Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT); or Licensed Clinical Psychologist. This position requires strong clinical skills and skills in documentation and record-keeping, communication, both written and verbal. Solid computer skills are necessary. The individual will be a practicing Catholic in accordance with Canon 874 §1, 3˚, 4 ˚ of the Code of Canon Law. Travel required.
Send Resume to: [email protected]
Intern: Development Systems Specialist
- Hands on data entry and management
- Pledge cycle management with mailings and donor communications
- Experience with front-end CMS (client/customer management system)
- Payment processing through virtual terminal
- Analysis of Parish data health, with occasional outreach for additional training/procedural updates
- Manage/update operational guidelines as directed
- Basic accounting principles used
Send Resume to: [email protected]