A great marriage doesn’t happen because of the love you had in the beginning, but how well you continue building that love until the end.
In response to Adam’s solitude, the Lord creates another human person, Eve, to be his wife. “Then the man said, This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh‘” (Gen. 2:23). John Paul II notes how this is the first time man manifests joy and exultation. This oneness is not merely a bodily union, but points to a deeper spiritual union, a union of persons. A Marriage.
Challenges to Grow Your Marriage
Enrich your marriage relationship with these weekly challenges.
Resources to Enrich and Foster Married Life
- Prayer for Spouses
- “For Your Marriage” — An interactive website with activities, articles, resources and information (An initiative of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops)
- Be Light: Year of Belonging – is the first year of a five year movement to draw married couples closer together in Christ while being transformed into family missionary disciples. Free registration.
- Beloved series, by Augustine Press
- The 5 Love Languages, by Dr. Gary Chapman
- 6 Great Dates Program
- Worldwide Marriage Encounter is the largest pro-marriage organization in the world and promotes weekend experiences for couples who want to make their good marriage even better.
- The Retrouvaille Program is for married couples facing difficult challenges in their relationship.
All healthy marriages experience change and transition.
That’s what keeps them alive and growing.
Not all marriages fit neatly into these categories. Those in second marriages may find times shortened; however, certain developmental tasks generally take place during each stage.
Papal Blessing by the Holy See
The Holy Father offers blessings for Catholics for special occasions such as baptisms, confirmations, marriages, birthdays, and significant anniversaries. If you are looking for more information on how to go about obtaining a certificate of blessing, click here Papal Blessings.