Hugh and Florence Short were married in Jersey City, at St. Joseph’s, on December 1, 1945. They had 11 children.
The Catholic Church cares about your marriage.
Challenges to Grow Your Marriage
Enrich your marriage relationship with these weekly challenges.
Resources to Enrich and Foster Married Life
- Prayer for Spouses
- “For Your Marriage” — An interactive website with activities, articles, resources and information (An initiative of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops)
- Be Light: Year of Belonging – is the first year of a five year movement to draw married couples closer together in Christ while being transformed into family missionary disciples. Free registration.
- Beloved series, by Augustine Press
- The 5 Love Languages, by Dr. Gary Chapman
- 6 Great Dates Program
- Worldwide Marriage Encounter is the largest pro-marriage organization in the world and promotes weekend experiences for couples who want to make their good marriage even better.
- The Retrouvaille Program is for married couples facing difficult challenges in their relationship.
Catholic Marriage Joy free Virtual Workshop
All healthy marriages experience change and transition.
That’s what keeps them alive and growing.
Not all marriages fit neatly into these categories. Those in second marriages may find times shortened; however, certain developmental tasks generally take place during each stage.
Papal Blessing by the Holy See
The Holy Father offers blessings for Catholics for special occasions such as baptisms, confirmations, marriages, birthdays, and significant anniversaries. If you are looking for more information on how to go about obtaining a certificate of blessing, click here Papal Blessings.
World Marriage Day
Celebrations of World Marriage Day are encouraged throughout the Diocese. The Diocesan Mass for celebrating World Marriage Day is usually celebrated on the first weekend in February so that local parishes are able to celebrate on the second weekend in February. Registration for the Diocesan Mass begins in January, and is encouraged for the certificates presented to couples celebrating significant anniversaries with the Bishop.
Longest Married Couple 2020
Hugh and Florence Short were married in Jersey City, at St. Joseph’s, on December 1, 1945. The couple moved to Rutland area in the mid 1950’s, raising 11 children. The couple reside in the Burlington area.