2024 Benefits | Health & Welfare Plans
What We Do
Human Resources is responsible for the design, delivery, and administration of Diocesan benefits, aimed at supporting long-term health and financial security of our employees. Our comprehensive healthcare and life insurance options are as diverse as the Diocesan workforce.
Administration, communication, customer service, education, and plan design for:
- Health and Welfare Benefits
- Retirement Benefits
Our medical plans provide coverage for preventative, pre-existing conditions, prescriptions drugs, as well as behavioral health services. Benefits eligible employees are offered two different plan options which are pre-taxed with varying, affordable fee structures.
To help you maintain good overall health, we provide a choice of two dental plans: Northeast Delta Dental High and Northeast Dental Low. Our Northeast Delta Dental Plans provide a broad array of dental services, but like any policy, there are certain exclusions and limitations as well as amounts you must pay out of pocket. If you have any questions about whether a certain procedure will be covered, please contact Northeast Delta Dental at (800) 832-5700.
Dental care coverage for both plans:
- Includes diagnostic and preventative services
- Includes coverage for basic and major services
- Provides benefits through Northeast Delta Dental’s network of dentists
Compare and learn which plan is right for you:
Vision Care benefits are provided by Vision Service Plan (VSP) using their network of providers. You may go to any vision care provider, but when you use a VSP provider, you pay a co-payment at the time of service and do not have to file a claim. If you use a non-VSP network provider, VSP will only reimburse the allowed amount which may be less than what the non-network provider charges. You are responsible for the difference.
Please review the VSP Vision Benefits Summary for your reference:
Life/Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Some employees are automatically enrolled in our basic life insurance program. Accidental and Dismemberment Insurance is also available that protects you and your family against accidental death or loss of limb or body function. Please contact Human Resources to verify eligibility.
Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP), in partnership with GuidanceResources, gives you, our employees, confidential support, resources and information for personal and work-life issues. These services are available to employees eligible for Life and AD&D Insurance and it is provided at no charge to you. There are two ways to access your EAP resources:
- Call (833) 256-5115. You will speak to a counseling professional who will listen to your concerns and can guide you to the appropriate services you require.
- Visit GuidanceResources online, click Register and enter your Web ID: AXA3 and then follow the prompts. You will find timely, expert information on many topics, including relationships, work, children, wellness, legal and financial. You can search for qualified childcare, attorneys and financial planners as well as ask questions, take self-assessments and more.
- EAP Brochure
Benefit-eligible employees may enroll in individual coverage for yourself and you may also enroll your spouse and/or dependents with two-person or family coverage.
These forms must both be completed and returned to Human Resources Office. If you need assistance completing the form, please feel free to contact Ashley Bartley at 802-846-5841 during regular business hours.
There are two opportunities to enroll in benefits outside the new hire enrollment window:
- Annual open enrollment period in the fall; changes made during open enrollment take effect January 1st of the following year.
- Under IRS regulations, there are certain Qualified Life Events in family or employment status that permit you to make benefit changes. You have 30 days from the date of the event to notify Human Resources.
Annual Required Notices
As a plan sponsor, the Roman Catholic Diocese of Burlington is required by law to periodically provide participants with various notices. You will find the following links with mandated notices regarding: Premium Assistance under Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), the Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act of 1998 (WHCRA), the Roman Catholic Diocese of Burlington Notice of HIPAA Privacy Practices (HIPAA NPP), Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave Under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act and Medicare Prescription Drug Notice of Creditable Coverage. The notices require no action on your part, except that the information should be shared with any dependents enrolled in your benefits. If you would prefer to have paper copies of these documents, please contact Ashley Bartley at firstname.lastname@example.org and copies will be provided to you free of charge.
Human Resources is available to answer your questions about our benefits offerings and help you elect or change your benefits.
We are here to support you!
Click brochure to read the Employee Benefits Enrollment Guide